2011/2012: Scottish Premiership Three



R. McClymont15C. Littlejohn
R. Jericevich14C. Judd
H. O’Hare13I. Gillies
(c) A. Henderson12M. Wallace
J. Brogan11J. Wilson
T. Jericevich10K. Littlejohn
M. Houston9G. McKenzie
S. Spowart1R. Girdler
D. Malcolm2G. Brooksbank
M. Kidd3W. Gray
A. Barnett4S. Orr
D. Kellock5C. Wilson
J. Auld6D. Turner
A. Auld7R. Van Rensberg
J. Pinder8L. Neilson
I. Nelson16K. Nattrass
S. Fisher17R. McNab
C. Sorbie18G. Welsh
D. Dunn19Q. Sanft
O’Hare (2), Pinder (2), A. Auld, McClymontTryC. Wilson
Houston (2)Con
Ms A. Pratt (Watsonians FC)


GHA scored 6 tries, 3 in each half, in a dominant performance against the current Premier 3 league leaders.

GHA opened the scoring after 5 minutes when a neat move from the back of a scrum on the Kirkcaldy 22m line was spun wide to Hefin O’Hare who ghosted through a gap to score in the right hand corner.

This was shortly followed by the second try which began from a Kirkcaldy kick into the GHA 22. The ball was dived on by Rangi Jericevich who made a break up the left touch line before feeding inside to Andrew Henderson. GHA then worked the ball up the field through several phases before it was spun wide to flanker Alan Auld who found himself on the right wing. Alan showed great pace to blast around the outside of the Kirkcaldy defence for a superb score.

GHA added a third when another scrum move on the Kirkcaldy 22 was this time spun wide to Ross McClymont who jinked his way through for the score.

Kirkcaldy began to establish some good posession toward the end of the half and a sustained period of posession inside the GHA 22 led to Hefin O’Hare seeing yellow for an offside infringement at a ruck. Kirkcaldy were able to make the numerical advantage pay when they scored a push over try after several pick and goes.

GHA responded with a Murray Houston penalty to round out the half.

The second half was a less enthralling affair with GHA in control but a high penalty account snuffed out a lot of opportunities. The first try was a fowards effort from a driven line out. After Sean Fisher went close with a pick and go, Jamie Pinder managed to squeeze over from inches out.

It wasn’t until the third quarter that GHA’s two final tries were scored. The first from Hefin O’Hare who chased through on a grubber to dot down before an excellent backs move saw Ross McClymont break through from the half way before begin stopped metres short. Jamie Pinder was there once again to go over from close in.

All in all, this was a convincing victory from the home side but most obsevers will have felt that there were a few more scores in it if GHA had been more clinical in converting the numerous chances they created.

Source: Bill McMurtrie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *