2010/2011: Scottish Premiership C



M. McKeand15G. Taylor
C. Parker14R. Jericevich
C. Thomson13N. Cassie (c)
J. Gardiner12A. Rushforth
D. Reive11R. Hughes
C. Lavery10D. Dunn
I. Renwick9M. Houston
C. Arthur1M. Kidd
M. Rutherford2D. Malcolm
S. Faamausili3J. Low
J. Harvey4A. Barnett
S. Tutaia5S. Shearer
A. Muir6E. MacLeod
J. Hyslop7J. Pinder
J. Kelly8D. Kellock
E. Braid16G. Warnock
K. Anderson17R. Jenkins
C. McKeand18J. Auld
M. Dunlop19A. Gillman
Gardiner, Kelly, C. McKeand, M. McKeand, TutaiaTryRushforth
Parker (4)Con
ParkerPenHouston (2)
Mr J. Van Der Merwe


Biggar signed off their home league campaign with an emphatic win over likely relegation candidates GHA. In doing so the Hartreemill side maintained third position in Premier C.

GHA opened the scoring with a simple penalty from scrum-half Murray Houston but Biggar took the lead after Salo Tutaia plunged over after some very good support play, with Craig Parker converting for 7-3.

Another GHA penalty slotted by Houston coincided with what looked like a nasty injury to John Hyslop, and although he returned later, it was the end of the game for back Andrew Muir, who sustained a dead leg in the run-up to the first Biggar try, with Ewan Braid and Kevin Anderson the replacements.

On the 20 minute mark Biggar extended their lead in the match. Some good line takes and drives allowed Jade Gardiner to end a move involving Michael McKeand and Suti Faamausili, with Parker converting the try and adding a penalty for a 17-6 interval lead.

Michael McKeand, who ended a very good half with a try-saving stop on a GHA attack made way for brother Chris, who was immediately involved as he linked up with Gardiner and Iain Renwick to set up Jason Kelly for the third try, which parker converted for 24-6.

Without being out of sight Biggar were in control and would have added to their lead but for a knock-on by Davy Reive with the line at his mercy. However in just three passes after another Hyslop line take, ball was swept from right to left, with Reive’s swift offload taken by McKeand who crashed over in the corner for the bonus point-earning fourth try and a 29-6 lead for the home side.

With the game won Cameron Thomson was replaced by Michael McKeand, who took an easy interception before racing in for the fifth try, with Parker converting.

GHA pulled a try back when Renwick was sin-binned and the visitors capitalised with Andrew Rushforth credited with the score for 36-11. GHA were reduced to 14 for the closing stages of the game after Rory Hughes was sin-binned for an illegal challenge.

Source: The Daily Record, Thursday 24th February 2011

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *