The Annual General Meeting of GHA RFC was held on Wednesday evening, 23rd May. Brian Tracey (pictured) was sworn in as the new Club President, with Euan Baillie stepping down but remaining on the Board. Stuart Lang was announced as the new Vice President and David Barnett was also welcomed as a new Board Director. All other Directors are remaining in place.
There were very positive reports from outgoing President Euan Baillie, Finance Director Rod Jenkins and Director of Rugby Rangi Jericevich. Incoming President Brian Tracey also set out his vision for the year ahead to continue on from the highly successful two year period under Euan Baillie’s leadership. Brian Williams, Chairman of the GHA Sports Trust, also provided a positive update on the 3G Pitch Development.
- Lyndsay Faulds was awarded Club Person of the Year for her outstanding contribution to the running of the Club over the past 20 months.
- Iain MacGregor was recognised for his 35 year coaching career at GHA after announcing that he was retiring from coaching at the end of the season.
- Profit Up 21% to over £64K.
- The GHA Sports Trust (Charity) has now secured over £500K towards the 3G Pitch Development, including £200K raised through our own Fundraising efforts and the remainder through Grants and Borrowing.
- Club continuing to field 4 senior sides, with improved League finishes from the 1st XV to GHA Lions.
- Finlay Overend (U16) and Adam Kerr (U19) were congratulated for their selection in their respective Scotland age grade squads.
- Thanks were intimated to the army of coaches, team managers, medical and support staff and convenors for all of their hard work over the season.